How to Submit Online Entries
The 2019 Housing Design Awards consists of online and finalist award submissions. The online awards submissions must be submitted on our Housing Design Awards website before midnight on Thursday, July 18th. No extensions will be given to this deadline.
- Be sure to read the requirements for eligibility, new for the 2018 awards and important dates and fees sections of the website. Individual category descriptions can be viewed from each category homepage.
- Create your member account.
- Once you've created your member account, login here.
- After logging in, you will be able to add new entries and edit them until the closing date.
- To add a new submission, login and you will be taken to the submission dashboard.
- Select a category and provide a name for the submission so you can recognize it easily later. This is a name used for your purposes only. Judges will not see this title you provide. If you are submitting on behalf of another company please indicate it here.
- Next you can upload photos for the submission and add the written submission text.
- If you need to add a floorplan/site plan, please ensure that it is saved as a pdf.
- Do not make any reference to your company name in the written submission. Please ensure that there are no logos in the photos and floor plans you add.
- You can see all of the submissions you have entered by clicking Entries on the dashboard. From here you can edit the submissions by clicking on the one you wish to change.
- Please note: In order for submissions to be considered complete and to be viewed by judges, you must click the SUBMIT button for every entry. Please contact the GOHBA office should you need to make changes to an entry that you have already submitted.
If you require assistance with submissions, please contact Erin Bellwood at (613) 723-2926 Ext. 222 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Submit Finalist Entries
Finalists will be announced on August 12, 2019. The finalist entries consist of the preparation of an Awards board that will be displayed at the Ottawa Fall Home Show at the EY Centre from September 26 – 29, 2019, as well as at the Housing Design Awards Gala on October 19th. GOHBA will produce a photo board for every finalist entry. Each finalist will receive detailed instructions and templates on this board production process. GOHBA will print each finalist board with graphics, after the finalist has determined the photo placement location. After the Gala, your boards are yours to keep for further promotional purposes.