Entries in this category must be an enclosed space that is subsidiary to and located on the same lot as an associated principal dwelling unit, but is contained in its own enclosed space that may also contain uses accessory to the principal dwelling. Examples include coach houses, boat houses, workshops, tiny homes, pool houses, secondary dwelling units, attached or detached garages.
Note: Coach homes and tiny homes can be entered in either the Custom/Production Home OR Alternative Enclosed Space category in 2021. Coach house/tiny home entries will only be accepted to one category or the other. Coach homes or tiny homes in the Alternative Enclosed Space category may be reclassified by the judges.
- 1 photograph of your main project image. This photo will be used for all awards/media purposes
- 6– 12 photographs showing the project area
- Make sure to indicate the main project photo, which will be used for award publications
- Please note that photos should be 300 dpi resolution and may be resized to facilitate loading for judges. Photos should be a maximum of 10 megabytes.
- Each photo should be given a unique name or number for identification purposes
The written submission should tell us how and why this design was so successful
PDF of the site plan/floor plan
Any drawings and floor plans submitted MUST include the following:
- Overall room area and dimensions must be shown
- Key components must be identified, including cabinetry, appliances, sinks, etc.
- Keep in mind that proper line weights and presentation style drawings are encouraged. 3D views and colour renderings are permitted to enhance the intent of the design.
Creative Use of Space