The category of Custom Home is defined as a one of a kind custom home located outside of the greenbelt. The category of Custom Urban Home is defined as a one of a kind custom home located in an urban City of Ottawa neighbourhood, within the inner boundary of the greenbelt. Click here for a map. If a finished basement is an included feature in the home's design then it should be added to the calculation of the overall square footage.
Please note that the Architect, Architectural Designer or Builder must be included as a submitter or co-submitter for all "B" Category entries
- 1 photograph of your main project image. This photo will be used for all awards/media purposes.
- 1-2 photographs showing exterior views or renderings of the home and surroundings
- 5-10 photographs showing interior views of the home.
- Please note that photos should be 300 dpi resolution and may be resized to facilitate loading for judges. Photos should be a maximum of 10 megabytes.
- Each photo should be given a unique name or number for identification purposes
Written submission - The written submission should tell us how and why this design was so successful.
PDF of the site plan/floor plan -
Any drawings and floor plans submitted MUST include the following:
•Overall room area and dimensions must be shown
•Key components must be identified, including cabinetry, appliances, sinks, etc.
Keep in mind that proper line weights and presentation style drawings are encouraged. 3D views and colour renderings are permitted to enhance the intent of the design.
Creative Use of Space