This category will be used to recognize building projects that demonstrate leadership in the implementation of green building and/or outstanding environmental and energy performance. Entrants in any of the Custom Homes categories may submit the same entry into the Green Custom Home of the Year category. The entries will be judged based on the following: 60% of your score will be determined by your Green Entry Form, and 40% of your score will be determined by the design criteria outlined. This is a free to enter into, if you are a finalists in this category the finalists fees will apply.
- 1 photograph of your main project image. This photo will be used for all awards/media purposes.
- 1-2 photographs showing exterior views or renderings of the home and surroundings
- 5-10 photographs showing interior views of the home.
- Please note that photos should be 300 dpi resolution and may be resized to facilitate loading for judges. Photos should be a maximum of 10 megabytes.
- Each photo should be given a unique name or number for identification purposes
The written submission should tell us how and why this design was so successful.
Completed Green Entry Form
Click here to access Green Entry Form
PDF of the site plan/floor plan
Any drawings and floor plans submitted MUST include the following:
•Overall room area and dimensions must be shown
•Key components must be identified, including cabinetry, appliances, sinks, etc.
Keep in mind that proper line weights and presentation style drawings are encouraged. 3D views and colour renderings are permitted to enhance the intent of the design.
Creative Use of Space