Renovation cost for the purposes of these awards means the hard, or total construction contract as charged to the client(s) of the renovation excluding land, original pre-renovation structure, furniture, furnishings or artwork. Please note that client invoices detailing all costs including labour should be ready to submit to the GOHBA/judges upon request.
Substantial renovations that involve the removal of more than 85% of the existing structure OR the original home is no longer identifiable OR the floor area of the existing house that remains is 15% or less of the total new gross floor area of the renovation including all additions, should be entered in the Custom Homes categories. Site and floor plans must clearly show what was added or renovated.
- 1 photograph of your main project image. This photo will be used for all awards/media purposes.
- 6 – 12 photographs showing interior (and exterior if applicable) views of the project.
- 1 - 6 before pictures (minimum of one before photo is required)
- Before and after pictures are strongly recommended
- Please note that photos should be 300 dpi resolution and may be resized to facilitate loading for judges. Photos should be a maximum of 10 megabytes.
- Each photo should be given a unique name or number for identification purposes
Written submission - The written submission should tell us how and why this design was so successful
PDF of the site plan/floor plan -
Any drawings and floor plans submitted MUST include the following:
•Overall room area and dimensions must be shown
•Key components must be identified, including cabinetry, appliances, sinks, etc.
Keep in mind that proper line weights and presentation style drawings are encouraged. 3D views and colour renderings are permitted to enhance the intent of the design.
Creative Use of Space